Joy in the Mystic Law

Joy in the Mystic Law

Saturday 10 December 2011

Famous Buddhists & Quotes

Famous Buddhists and what they say about the Buddhist faith!






‘is to become happier...it's about promoting a state. And it's not an action, it's a process...
We're all moving away from suffering and toward happiness.’
- Richard Gere

‘Through Buddhism, we could gain wisdom and see our values more clearly. We can learn to see material needs, fame and wealth from different points of view. ‘
- Jet Li

‘The bottom-line in Buddhism is love and compassion and kindness and happiness for all beings.’
- Keanu Reeves

‘ We are all Buddhists up here (Hollywood)!’
- George Lucas

‘ The philosophies and the principles within the Buddhist practice are something that have interested me for many years… I’m still learning about it.’
- Orlando Bloom

‘ (Buddhism is) peace and tranquility’
- Leonardo di Caprio

‘By overcoming anger, hurt and attachmentwe become stronger; you bring these before the Buddhas, before the protectors, and purify yourself.’
- Steven Seagal

‘With The Altruistic Wish To Achieve BuddhahoodSo I Pledge Here Before Everyone Who's Listening’
- Beastie Boys

‘Now I know there's a force in the world. There's an energy that if you put out good and you put out love it comes back to you. That's a basic thing that works for me.’
- Jennifer Lopez

‘His Zen beliefs are such that he has taught himself never to allow doubt to interfere in anything he does’
-Former French footballer, Tony Cascarino on Fabien Barthez

‘Do you know what the three terrible karmas in Buddhism are? … the three terrible karmas are beauty, wealth and fame. Meaning that they're traps. They're the things that stop you from finding true happiness.’
- Brad Pitt

‘… Buddhism has had a major effect on who I am and how I think about the world.’
- Uma Thurman

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a celebrity Buddhist, but I am anSGI Buddhsit the best organization I have ever become a member of, in response to Bradd Pitt, I agree and would add: Desires are there to show us how to find happiness, through the struggles that are caused we transform.!

    ReplyDelete